About Our Organization
- The Lao Association of Connecticut was formed in 1980 in order to serve Lao American people who earn a living in the State of Connecticut. It has been organized under a common interest of all Lao American people such as Unity, Loving-kindness and Mutual Assistance.
- The Lao Association of Connecticut shall never be used for individual interest or the interest of a group of people. The Lao Association of Connecticut is happy to support any organization that has an objective and practice with the common interest.
- This organization is called in Lao language "SAMAKHOM LAO", in English" The Lao Association of Connecticut, Inc. "or" L.A.C."
- The Emblem of the L.A.C. is a circle of the Lao and English letters. In the middle of the circle is a map of the State of Connecticut. In the middle of the State of Connecticut's map there is a map of Laos. In the middle of the Laos's map is a word "LAOS" in English letter.
- The L.A.C. is a non-profit organization, does not have any capitals, does not buy/sell any stocks nor involve in any kind of setting up a political party.
- The location of the L.A.C. shall have an office in any major city in the State of Connecticut.